Part Sixteen ~ Westport Postcards from the 1930’s

June 18, 2017

For a change of pace, today we’re going to look at some postcards of Westport from the 1930’s.  Places like Castle’s Jewelry Shop (which was located on Church Street) and various stores around the village would sell postcards of local sites to the vacationing masses.  The following three photos were given to the museum many years ago from an anonymous donor.


 Church Street (circa the 1930’s)



Another view of Church Street



 Main Street after the Post Office was built in 1935.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Press Release re: Bedford Street Reconstruction

July 27, 2020

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload